Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Book Review: Wolf Hollow

"Wolf Hollow" by Lauren Wolk is one of those stories that brings you into another world with its rich setting and engaging storytelling. I felt like I was with Annabelle as she traversed the woods or her family farm. I nodded to the cows she mooed at as she passed to let them know it was her. I smelled the hay in the barn and felt the weight of the book in her hands.

Annabelle's life changes when a new student, Betty, arrives and shows surprising cruelty in her bullying.  When a local war veteran known to be odd steps in to protect Annabelle, he becomes a target. Lies unravel with more lies as Annabelle attempts to find a way to expose the truth and set things right, only to see things escalate.

At no point in this story could I predict what would happen next. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment