Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Book Review: Stolen: A Letter to My Captor


"Stolen: A Letter to my Captor" by Lucy Christopher is a young adult novel written in the elusive and difficult-to-pull-off second person. It does involve some suspension of belief that a kidnapped teenager would remember this much detail about her experience. But the details are everything for driving the narrative and understanding Stockholm Syndrome.  I am an adult with a mostly rational mind, yet felt sympathy, compassion, even hope for a better ending for the man who kidnapped this child and held her captive in a remote desert in Australia. Also, it takes place mostly in Australia, and I learned a lot about the desert there, which added to my wanderlust.

This one is definitely worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment